Sunday, September 22, 2013

Meet the Family ~ Emma

I am 50, divorced and have single parented since about 2002. I am a full time Carer to my 3 boys and have been a weather observer with the Bureau of Meteorology since February this year. This is a neat little job that injects some extra moments of sanity into my day.

My Interests sort of became lost over the years as it often does when we become parents and even more so when we become parents of kids with disabilities. I think I used to like to read, walk, play squash, belt out a tune on the piano, tinkle with some other instruments and occasionally try my hand at some amateur composing.


I am morbidly obese and there is no gentler way to say it than exactly as it is. Sometimes I feel like I am an Adipose (that race of vaguely humanoid blobs of fat from Dr Who)...other times I feel like a reed (which has to say something about delusions of grandeur).

I also have Diabetes Type 2, sleep apnoea, a self-diagnosis of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and the latest addition is a pending diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I suspect I also have DSP which is Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome.



Would love to hear from others who may be struggling with health, single parenting or who have hit that big 50! 


Check my links:

Obesity -healthinsite - Obesity

Diabetes -  healthinsite - Diabetes

Sleep Apnoea - mydr - Sleep apnoea

OCD - Beyond Blue - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - healthinsite - Irritable Bowel Syndrome

DSPS - Wikipedia - Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment